Monday 2 January 2012

SYL #1 What went right in 2011?

What went right in 2011? Hmmm, this is not something I generally reflect on. "Negative" could be my middle name! So here goes, I'm going to "accentuate the positive".....

The best thing that happened in 2011 was the safe arrival of my long-awaited second child. My intuition was telling me I was having another boy however my three year old son was right on the money; it was a girl! And she is a delight. I feel very blessed to have two healthy children. With this new arrival came the desperate need to 'lift my game'. After becoming a mum (especially the second time), I took a good hard look at myself (and my husband). Being the master critic that I am, I didn't like what I saw given that my children will do as I do, not do as I say. It's been scary. I've been brave.... sort of. I have never really been organised, punctual, tidy or on top of my housework and I've always been a 'last minute' kind of girl. After having my second child I was determined to get a grasp on these aspects of my life as I recognised that these problems were plainly evident in my childhood. So, during a midnight feed with my baby girl, I grabbed my iphone and Googled something about getting organised, or daily routines or household management. I love the internet, you can find anything you want! Since about August I have been working hard on these aspects of my life and I can definitely see and feel an improvement.

Earlier in the year I spent a week in silent reflection, amongst strangers, at a 'healing retreat'. This allowed me the time and space to step out of my every day life and be still and quiet enough to recognise and acknowledge various aspects of my life that have caused me different kinds of pain. I came away feeling calm, peaceful, refreshed, more loving (of myself and my husband) and ready to move forward with a more positive mindset. It didn't last long .... but I'm not going to reflect on that!

I have been lifted up by two beautiful souls who I have reconnected with after almost twenty years. These friendships are supportive, honest, spiritual and nurturing. This has been a highlight of 2011.

Yoga is something that always fills my tank. It is my haven, my sanctuary, my guiding light. When I get to classes I come away floating; I am refreshed, restored, relaxed, positive, loving and wanting to be the best version of myself in every way. I NEED yoga.

I have recognised that I need to lighten up! I need to give myself a break; to just 'be', relax, enjoy, experience, laugh, let go! I don't need to be so hard on myself. Every day is a new beginning. I have discovered that less is definitely more. Things don't need to be so complicated. I am ready to simplify my life. Let the journey begin....

Gemini Mum xo


No comments:

Post a Comment